The School Council at St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School meets regularly to discuss how to improve our school.
This year's Council members are: Malakai Chard, Kiera Filsell, Julia Cisak, Tommy Laflin, Finley McDonnell, Mya Nnanwubar, Louise Paige, Harvey Parcell, Macey Parcell, Cian Rideout, Killian Fitzgerald and Iyanu Sarah Kuku.
Miss Rowles, Year 2 class teacher and PSHE Subject Leader, helps us to carry out our role:
- We are leaders.
- We help to ensure the pupil voice is heard.
- We listen to what all of the children at school think.
- We make decisions for the school.
So far this year we have:
- Chosen the charities that our school will support during the year.
- Chosen fundraising projects for each class in support of CAFOD's Lenten Appeal.
- Held a 'What makes a good learner' competition where we produced a whole school code.
- We are currently working on a whole school Eco project to reduce our carbon footprint.