Below you will find a copy of our Ofsted inspection report from the 24th and 25th November 2021.
During the inspection the inspectors recognised the tremendous hard work that has taken place over the past two years and the journey to excellence that the school is on.
The inspectors described St Mary’s as a nurturing and inclusive school. They found arrangements for safeguarding to be robust. The school was judged overall to be ‘Requires Improvement’ with Early years being ‘Good’. However, the report clearly recognises that we are an ambitious school and identifies many strengths. Not all the observations made by the Ofsted inspection team can be recorded in the report, but some of the key points to note include:
The inspection identified our school as a place in which:
- “Pupils enjoy coming to school. They attend well and wear their uniforms with pride.”
- “Pupils feel safe. They know how to keep themselves safe, including when they are learning online.”
- “Many pupils have leadership roles. They relish taking on extra responsibilities such as head boy and girl, Eco warriors, librarians, and school councillors.”
- There is a ‘sense of belonging’. Pupils take part in a range of clubs, including football, ukulele, dance, and gymnastics.
- “Leaders are ambitious about what pupils can and should achieve.”
- “Children in the early years get off to a good start to their education.”
- “Adults are skilful at developing children’s language skills. There is a focus on developing early reading skills right from the start.”
- “Leaders place a high priority on developing pupils’ experiences beyond their learning in the classroom.”
- “There is a strong culture of safeguarding at this school. Safeguarding processes are robust and enable leaders to identify and help pupils who may be at risk of harm.”
- “Leaders are passionate about supporting vulnerable children and families.”
- “All staff know pupils well.”
We encourage you to take time to absorb the full report. We hope you can see within the report’s content the continued enhancement of St Mary’s Catholic primary School as a happy, nurturing school, where pupils are inspired to be the very best examples of themselves by “letting their light shine.”
Our latest Ofsted report can be downloaded from this page, you can also access this information on the Ofsted website.
Parent View gives you the chance to tell Ofsted what you think about your child’s school. Give your views on St Mary's Catholic Primary School by clicking on the image below: