Our Catholic Faith
" To grow strong in God's love as we Learn, Care and Pray."
At St Mary’s Catholic Primary School:
- We believe that everyone is a child of God
- We place prayer, in its various forms, at the heart of the life of the school community.
The aims of our school are:
- To provide a safe, caring and happy environment, where everyone is nurtured and respected.
- To develop a learning philosophy that will enable our pupils to experience “the beginning of a great educational adventure” with us and continue the journey through lifelong learning.
- To promote mutual respect and positive relationships so that children and adults within the school develop spiritually, morally, culturally and socially.
- To create a mutually supporting community which engages governors, staff, parents and pupils in self-evaluation to improve our own performance and that of our colleagues.
- To promote effective and supportive links between the school and home, parish and the wider community.
Our mission is to provide the best quality of education. Through the example and teachings of Jesus we celebrate our friendship with God and help each other to follow in His way. We aim to develop Catholic values through prayer, learning and citizenship towards the Church and world community.
We work hard using our God given talents for the good of other people and to achieve our best. In our school community we show respect to every person. Together with our families, our parish and our local community we strive to create a safe, happy school and become confident, caring citizens.